Why is a Blue Aadhaar Card different?
Unlike the regular Aadhaar card, which requires biometric data (fingerprints and iris scans) to be collected, the Blue Aadhaar Card does not require any biometric information from the child.This is because collecting biometric data from young children can be challenging and unreliable. Instead, the child’s UID (Unique Identification Number) is generated based on their demographic information and a facial photograph linked to the UID of one of their parents or guardians.
How to apply for a Blue Aadhaar Card:
Here’s how you can apply for a Blue Aadhaar Card for your child:
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center: Locate an Aadhaar Enrolment Center near you. You can find a list of centers on the
- Carry the required documents: Make sure you have the following documents with you:
- Proof of your child’s date of birth (e.g., birth certificate, immunization card)
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g., your Aadhaar card, voter ID, ration card)
- One recent photograph of your child
Important things to remember:
- It is free of cost to apply for a Blue Aadhaar Card.
- The Blue Aadhaar Card is valid only until the child turns 5 years old.
- Once the child turns 5, their biometric information (fingerprints, iris scans, and facial photograph) must be updated on the Aadhaar card. This can be done at any Aadhaar Enrolment Center.